I met my instructor, he asked me if I knew anything about how the car works or how to drive a manual car, two things I was freaking out about thirty minutes ago. I was completely honest and told him that I had an idea but nothing clear. So we begun from 0, I sat in the front seat and he sat in the driving seat. he first explained me everything inside the car. From the mileage to the directionals (kilometraje haste las direccionales).
PANELS AND BUTTONS
1. Lever Windshield: Clean the glass and if you push the lever to shoot in water also helps clean the windshield.
2. Lever of directional or lights: Upwards indicates you are turning left and downwards indicates you are turning right.
3. Speed Meter: Indicates the velocity you are traveling at.
4. Gas Meter: Indicates how much gas is left in the car.
1. Accelerator: It allows us to accelerate the speed you want and always be in a suitable transmission
2. Brake: It allows us to stop the car. It is important to always press the clutch before braking, otherwise the car will shut down.
3. Clutch: Treading the clutch allows us to make changes in the manual transmissions which help us increase the speed of the car. It is necessary to keep the clutch pressed to the maximum when a change is made.
1. How to move my hands over the stirring wheel so that I don't loose control over the car.
2. How to change the manual transmissions. First hit the clutch and then make the change.
3. ALWAYS look at the three mirrors.
4. How I know if all the mirrors are positioned well.
5. How to stop, first the clutch and then the break.
6. How to act in stop signs🚦, go neutral and then to first.
7. When to use the lever of directional.
While I was going around in the park I was not scared of all, everything seemed pretty easy. What scared me out the most of leaving the park was that I was going to confront cars, so I had to be very focused, fast and I couldn't make a mistake because and accident could happen.
So we left the park and drove to Salaverry. If you have been there you know that this street has many cars. So before I made the turn I had to watch for the cars that came speeding like jets to the stop light. Once I managed to pass I stopped in the light. Everything seemed calm until the light turned green and I messed up and the car turned off. It was very scary because the cars were moving and many where mad but we managed to turn it on and get the green light. After this mistake I had my total concentration, we drove through Pezet and Portillo and then back to my house through El Ejercito.
During this short trip I did some mistakes but I managed to correct them because I knew exactly what I was doing wrong. It was only my first class and I was already driving on the streets, my instructor was very proud of me. I am a fast learner. What I think helped me learn so fast was that I was completely relaxed, no nerves or stress and that I was pretty confident on myself. It was a great class and I loved it. I can't wait for tomorrow when I'll be driving to Miraflores.